California Counties Road Maps | Detailed Travel Tourist Driving
A new Map for a Clear view of California Counties
There is no doubt that California is a state worth visiting. But it is much more than the extremely popular Hollywood, Silicon Valley, Disney Land, Los Angeles, etc. There are so many lesser-known locations in California that are interesting. In fact California is divided into 58 counties with the last one being added in 1907.Each County has something unique to it.
Most of the maps available in the market are not effective enough to locate the hidden gems of California. But the new map is doing marvels. It presents a clear and better picture of the entire state and helps you locate the counties that you never knew of.
Let’s know some interesting facts about California’s counties:
- San Bernardino County situated in California is the largest County in the U.S in terms of area. And in terms of population, Los Angeles, again a Californian County is the largest.
- A fun fact about California is that the number of its counties named after saints is higher than the counties of any other state in the U.S.
- Another interesting fact is that “Alpine County” which is one of the smallest counties of California has no ATM, no school and no banks.
- The “Tehama County” holds the U.S’s largest three-day rodeo.
- Vice-leader Joseph Spinney has been the shortest reigning mayor of Fresno County. He was a mayor for mere ten minutes.
- All San Francisco banks survived the 1929 stock market crash while many of the banks in the rest of U.S crashed.
- Castroville in California is known as the Artichoke Capital of the World.
- Castroville’s first ever Artichoke Queen Norma Jean is the popular actress Marilyn Monroe.
- Fresno County claims to be the “Raisin Capital of the World”.
- Among the top 10 most populous cities in the World, two are in California.
California Counties Road Maps for Tourists and Travelers
Detailed Road Map of California Counties
Buy travel maps for California Counties tourist attractions, road trips, street guide, driving directions and more